Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Retro Power!

Go down 
+13
rpgfurry
ndoto
KorialFox
Masqued ferret
Mynop
Vox
DMS
Damienfox
Mackilla
BillyTheCat128
Sparky the chu
Lumnous
Rai-kun
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Well, let's start with a clished question :3
What is peoples favorite nostalgic game? ^^ Or at least top 5 or so? :3
Back to top Go down
Lumnous

Lumnous

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Metroid
Donkey Kong
Pokemon
Sonic the Hedgehog
Zelda
Back to top Go down
Sparky the chu
Admin
Sparky the chu

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 am

I'm not a top list guy as some of my friends know X3 but I can defenitely pull out some random game ^^ like, one I'll always rememver is Zombies X3 also known as Zombies ate my neighbours, it was a top-down shooter in wich you played as two kids who used ridicolous weapons like waterguns and cola can bombs against cliché monsters like Zombies, werewolwes...and a giant baby XD
Back to top Go down
https://shingaming.forumotion.com
BillyTheCat128

BillyTheCat128

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 am

My top 5 Nostalgic games? Games that made me the gamer who I am today!? =3
Well let me see! XD

Nr. 5 - Mario Bros. 3 <NES>
-When I was young, my older sister had a Nintendo Entertainment System with lots of fun games, one being Mario Bros 3.
It was simple, but cool and highly enjoyable I remember playing it 'till I couldn't get any further (world 7 I think it was).
Had a lot of good times (and screaming when I couldn't beat a level) and I still remember it as one of my favourites! =3

Nr. 4 - Kirby's Adventure <NES>
-How can I forget this game?
Some kids played 'cool games' like Ninja Gaiden, Power Blade, Mega Man and Double Dragon... for me, Kirby's Adventure
was a timeless classic and it still is rather impressive today. It looks sorta like a BETA-Super nintendo game.
The worlds where big and colourfull, the clouds on the background were animated and then there's this big pink puffball who can
swallow hordes of enemies which in turn gives him superpowers.
It was a very 'easy' game, but it's still fun and it shows that games don't need to be hard to be enjoyable. ;-)
As a kid, if I had to chose between The Legend of Zelda, Mario Bros. 3 and Kirby's Adventure, it'd be Kirby's Adventure without a doubt.

Nr. 3 - The Curse of Monkey Island <PC>
- I got a CD from Dixon's, in those days they gave away certain Dixon Demo cd's to showcase their products and tools.
One of the sections contained games and one of those games was... The Curse of Monkey Island, the first Monkey Island and the first
adventure game that I played and boy did I love every minute of it.
The animations, the dialogs... it was as if you were watching a cartoon and you were in control of the main character's actions.
It's still an impressive game as of today, I dare you to try it out! =3
*it was the Demo version but afterwards I got the Full-version! X3

Nr. 2 - Rayman <PC>
- This is the game.... and I mean 'THE' game that made me want to become a game designer.
I mean... I loved this game, I played every inch of it and I know every little detail, every little secret, even the hidden breakout game after you finish the entire game. =D
The fluid animations, the humor, the wholeness of it all... everytime I start up this game my heart gets filled with warmth and joy!
I could never be more happy! X3
If you haven't played this game already and you see it lying in a corner of a 2nd hand store or retro corner... try it out, now! =3

Nr. 1 - Rayman 2: The Great Escape <PC>
- I got it for my 12th birthday and boy was I the happiest kid on the Planet.
After The first Rayman game, this one the one that really made me feel like I went to the moon and back down to the earth.
It was a great game with impressive graphics (at the time) and great music.
For me, the entire planet could explode at that point. It was one of the most happiest days in my entire life! =3
Everytime when I start this up I can imagine myself as a little kid in my old house behind my dad's pc playing the teensies out of this thing.
So many memories...
I'm still playing it on my PSP using Custom Firmware! XD
*The PS1 version.

Other games I didn't mention but have a very special place in my heart for other reasons: Pokémon Red\Blue, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros., Tombraider, Earthworm Jim, Spyro and Jazz Jackrabbit.

So... what can I say!?... I'm a freak! cat
Back to top Go down
http://billythecat128.deviantart.com
Mackilla

Mackilla

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:17 am

Nostalgia for me is like Final Fantasy 7. Probably not considered retro.

1.Zelda- "Holy crap I'm in the middle of nowhere, this creepy old man in that cave gave me a knife WTF?
2.SMB- "Also in the middle of nowhere ZOMG EVIL MUSHROOM MEN!"
3.Sonic the Hedgehog- "WEE."
4.Pokèmon Yellow- "Hi! I'm in the only game where a pokèmon is Voice-acted!"
5.Earthbound- "Yo, Mr. T! What weapons you got for us DAWG?!"

The last one was kinda erotic. But I have a point, the sprite for the Weps dealer looks like Mr.T.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 am

Rayman <3 I love that game~ It was the first concole game I ever owned and played on my own concole PS1 (Yes, I never owned anything else before that besides Gameboy <:3).

My list:

5. Super Mario World
4. Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
3. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
1. Rayman

I am not smart enough to put any reasons behind these and I'm not even sure of the order X3 But those are the 5 main games that inspired my geekness XDDD
Back to top Go down
Damienfox

Damienfox

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:22 am

Hmm... In no particular order as I simply muse about it... Hmm.. Well to be a "Nostalgic" game would mean I always go back to it especially when I want a feel of what's old and good from my childhood...

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - The quintessential Zelda game in my book. Every time I play it it just fills me once again with the sense of child-like wonder towards the world of fantasy. And I just enjoy it through and through. Even the parts I hate! Heck, just thinking about it kinda makes me want to play it again.

Chrono Trigger - While still a Squaresoft game, this is the one that taught me that not all RPGs have to be Final Fantasy to be good. Nowadays I can play through it much faster than I really should be able to, but even still I always take my time and make sure I get and do everything, just for that great sense of adventure, accomplishment, and helping to save the world. Plus it has a nice bit of humor that's good for the gigglings.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Probably the very first game I ever actually beat. Colorful, whimsical artwork.. Great music, great designs, great controls.. I always return tot his as my top favorite platforming game.

Pokemon Silver - While I can now play SoulSilver to get my fix, so to speak, before that came out when I had a hankering for some nostalgic Pokemon that's what I would pop in. While Red and Blue started the series and were great in their own right, I think Generation 2 is when they really got everything nailed down well, and simply built up from there. Plus you can get two birds with one stone, since even if it isn't quite the same progression or plot, you can still visit the old locations of Kanto as well!

Super Mario RPG - While I might place Earthbound a bit higher in terms of "favorite RPGs," it definitely does not hold the nostalgia that Mario RPG does. After all, where else can I get Mario, awesome humor, and a great RPG? The only downside I've ever really noticed to the game is just that it has a tendency to be very easy. But that still doesn't ever remove any amount of fun I have whenever I load that back up to play again.
Back to top Go down
DMS

DMS

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Diablo 2.

Ten years later and I'm still playing this game almost daily.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Jeez...I gotta do ten. I can't pick out 5. There are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. Jeez, I couldn't number these if I tried.

1. Twisted Metal 2 - I only had the demo of Twisted Metal 1 but I loved it. I wanted this game with all my heart and I got it from a family member the day before Christmas. I did not sleep that night. It was the first Christmas that I tried to stay awake instead of going to sleep. It was insane. An ice cream truck, a bulldozer, a motorcycle and a cop car, all loaded up with guns fighting on the skyscrapers of New York. Also, it had the best (and most fitting) theme song ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1nnHbF7CrM I dare you not to headbang to that. Dark Tooth still haunts my nightmares.

2. King of Fighters 95 - Oh man, I played this until my fingers hurt. I was totally blown away by the concept of more then one person on a team. I was too young to understand the story, but the characters were amazing to me. I practically grew up with this series, but this was my first.

3. Legend of Mana - An open ended, stylish RPG that reminded me of an old storybook. The stories were downright touching (especially the Jumi chapter) and the combat was awesome. You could choose your style of weapon, magic and what you did. It really was inspiring. This song still makes my heart flutter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxoZyhwy8I

4. Final Fantasy VII - I...was not prepared for this game. I knew Aerith was going to die. My friends had told me. I thought I was ready. I wasn't. She was...so deep. Her character was so well crafted and lifelike that I found myself attached to her almost instantly. Halfway to where she died, I figured there had to be a way to save her. I was young. I wasn't ready. This game was just...so powerful, so deep...it was amazing.

5. Street Fighter Alpha 3 - This game is still one of my favorite fighting games. Stylish characters, good gameplay, a unique atmosphere, and it made Cody into one of my favorite characters. Seriously, as soon as you see him, you know he's gonna hurt someone. It just stood out as a fighting game due to the deep personality and unique moves of each character. Perhaps it's ironic that Ryu and Ken were my least favorite chars.

6. Soul Edge - Only 10 characters!?! I expected this game to suck. Hard. It instead put most other games to shame. It was so deep! You could choose different weapons for your chars, the story was very intricate and each character had enough personality to star in their own game. Also, that thing about Twisted Metal 2 having the best theme song? That's only true because this isn't a theme song. This is the best opening EVER. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxrpyv8SNS4 Also, Li Long isn't dead. He's coming back...finally...

7. Road Rash - The concept was simple. Pick one of 8 low-life thugs who compete in underground motorcycle races. There are no rules in the races. Just don't lose, don't wreck and most importantly, don't let the cops get a hold of you. The gameplay was fast paced and fun as hell, especially using your weapon to knock an opponent off their bike or kicking them into oncoming traffic. The art was amazing. It was drawn in a style that makes it look like you're drunk at all times. The characters were memorable. Whoever you didn't pick would talk to you if you wanted. Every racer had their own friends and enemies, but depending on how you acted (IE, who you wrecked) during the races, friendships would change. Also, the soundtrack rocked. Seriously. Best song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MedWj08nqIY It took me a year to beat that game (mostly cause I'd restart as different chars), but it was so worth it...I never wanted it to end.

8. Mortal Kombat - My first M rated game. Oh, it was something. Gameplay wise, it wasn't as 'polished' or 'unique' as other games. There were no super moves and the animation could be a little 'iffy' at times, but that didn't matter. The first time you found out you could uppercut someone into The Pit as a fatality was the best moment of your life. It was so gruesome and you loved every second of it. My favorite character had to have been Kano. Forget the ninjas, give me the mercenary who shoots lasers from his eye.

9. Bloody Roar - Okay, for a moment we're going to ignore the fact that I'm a furry. I didn't know I was back then. I mean, even if you ignore the fact that you can turn into animals, which is awesome, Bloody roar kicked ass. It was so hard-hitting. It was the first fighting game that, after I landed a combo that knocked someone through a wall and off of the top of the powerplant we were fighting on, I put the controller down and felt like I should apologize to player 2. Other arenas included an iron works (you could knock them into the molten iron), a platform on a polluted bay, and inside a skyscraper. It was the first fighting game to really add the 'ouch' factor. When you won, it felt like it. Every kid in the neighborhood had this game. I'm proud to say that on any given day I could distroy any given one of them.

10. Virtual On - This game ruled. You picked a robot and were put in an arena with another robot, all designed by the same dudes who designed the Gundams. It was arcade-style, one on one action at its best. They really made you feel like you were controlling the robots, as you could use twin joysticks to control them instead of the normal pad. Each robot had a left, right and center weapon and each one fired differently if you were jumping, jumping to the side, jumping back, jumping forward, dashing, dashing tot he side, blocking, etc. For three weapons, each one had a VERY large amount of versatility, so you felt like you had a lot of control. Add in a good mix of arenas, and outstanding fight music ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFFLd4qvRaM ) and you had one hell of a game. It was the first time that I felt...in control of the game. The first time that I actually felt like I was in it.
Back to top Go down
Mynop

Mynop

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (because I love Tails as a character and I love Fox's)

Jurassic Park (Sega MD, best movie license game ever made)

Legend of Dragoon (I never got into FF VII but instead I played a lot of this)

Dino Crisis

Shadow Wraith (Sorry this late change ^^Wink
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

oh boy...retro games...

1. Super Mario RPG Legend of the seven stars: one of my fav games, too bad bowser turned out so meh.

2. Pokemon Yellow, and Crystal

3. Age of Empires 2 the conquerors expansion

that's about all I can really pick out. so yeah these are my absolute fav's of retro gaming.
Back to top Go down
KorialFox

KorialFox

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Doom
Jazz the Jackrabbit
The Lion King
Pokemon Blue
Tomb Raider III

I have only Doom still though, the gap of time had the others for breakfast ="D
Back to top Go down
http://www.korialfox.deviantart.com
ndoto

ndoto

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Mackilla wrote:
5.Earthbound- "Yo, Mr. T! What weapons you got for us DAWG?!"

The last one was kinda erotic. But I have a point, the sprite for the Weps dealer looks like Mr.T.

lol!

I think you may have meant "esoteric" but thinking of it as erotic makes it even better IMO. X3

And oh man, another Earthbound fan! Very Happy Love that game so much!!

Let's see, if I had to pick 5 of my favorite retro games off the top of my head... I'd put these in no particular order because I'd be hard pressed to choose between them:

-Dragon Warrior/Quest 4
-Final Fantasy VI
-Chrono Trigger
-Theme Hospital
-Earthbound

Also high up on the list would be Final Fantasy IV, Shining Force 1 & 2 and the SNES version of SimCity.

Did anybody else here play Theme Hospital?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ndoto
rpgfurry

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 am

5- Crystalis (NES, Zelda-like RPG)
4- Chrono Trigger (SNES, RPG)
3- Earthbound (SNES, RPG)
2- Paper Mario (N64, RPG)
1- Super Mario RPG (SNES, RPG)
Back to top Go down
Aversin

Aversin

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:45 am

1. Secret of Mana
2. Super Mario World
3. Axely
4. Super Kario Kart
5. Starfox

and i still play them or try out new ones. i love those pixels^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.nf-starfleet.de/user-details-25.html
Smallbr

Smallbr

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Cool games.   Retro Power! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

Mine are.

1 Microcosm

2 Squirm for the 64.

3 Rockkman.

4 Pac man.

5 Chaos engine.

6 Tutti fruity.

7 C64 Longplay - Bomb Jack

8 Wonderboy

I could go on, it seems I go back a bit further than most of you.
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:27 am

I can't believe I missed this thread. Lets see, the Most nostalgic games for me?

11. Mechwarrior (SNES), I played this game for months, It was just so fun. wandering around a pre-made 3dish map, shooting other mechs as they are trying to kill you. The better you compete the battle the more money you made and the better you could upgrade your mech, And it didn't have all that Linear Story like the Mechwarrior of today, You were like a actual mercenary. Picking and choosing the missions you wanted, I never beat it but it was fun.

10. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (SNES), This was technically the first FF game I played, It took me near a year to beat it, and it was one of those few games where your actions actually changed the ending at that time. I always seem to end up with the Ninja at the end of the game. But from what I heard, the best ending was with the girl. But yet I could never get it. I was too young to figure that out. If I could find a non-bugged rom of this game I would play it again, but the only one I can find, your main Character is bugged and does his own actions and not what you want him to do.

9. Mario Kart (SNES), This game was alot of fun. But it was really hard for me, Like I said before, I think I might have been too young to fully grasp it, being only 12ish, I can't remember. But I do know that it was one of the First racing games I played and liked. I always Played Yoshi. Mainly cause he was my Favorite Mario Character at that time. (In Mario Kart Wii, i play Mario now for the Balanced Driver or Wario cause of his Hog) The Track I hated the most was Rainbow Road 3, So many U turns.

8. Warcraft: Humans Vs. Orcs (PC), This game introduced me to Hard RTS games, I enjoyed playing it as much as possible. even though I sucked at it badly. Now it wasn't the First game that was made by Blizzard Entertainment I played, but it was the first of the warcraft series. I can't say much more about it cause like I said, I sucked at it. So I didn't get far, But what do you expect from a Kid.

7. Command And Conquer Series (PC), This was the First RTS I ever played. And I can say that I was hooked from the Demo, I remember playing the second stage of the demo for so Long, that I would Literally drag it out as long as I could, I even maxed out my Credits. (1,000,000 was the max) That required alot of Silos. Then when I got the Full version, It took me about two to three weeks to beat the Nod Campaign, But I couldn't beat the GDI Campaign. (I got stuck on the second from last stage). Later I advanced on to Red Alert. It was better then Tiberum Dawn to me but only by a little, but it was alot harder. But if I had to pick a favorite of all of the C&C Series, It was RA2, and I'm not going in to it cause it would be a Rant. Continuing on.

6. Lost Vikings (Sega), What can I say, It was the First game I played from those good old boys at Blizzard, and I was hooked. It was one of the most hardest puzzle games I played, Even to this day, I still can't beat it. having to keep those three live. but I do like how at the end of each stage, anyone who died came back. Silly Olaf, a Shield doesn't work like a Parachute. It just adds weight and makes you fall faster. But that was the joy of games back then, anything was possible.

5. Tetris Attack (SNES), I played this game when I lived in Florida, now I never owned it. But I did give my mom a two month late fee to blockbusters with it, XP. good thing she was the manager of the store. I could only beat this game on Easy and Normal mode, But it was one of the funnest experiences I had. I'm still pretty damn good at it today, Having had Pokemon Puzzle League, and still having Pokemon Puzzle challenge. But Tetris attack with Yoshi and friends was the first to me. and I thank them for it.

4. Sonic 2&3 and Knuckles (Sega), I've always been a fan of Sonic, Played his games since Sonic the Hedgehog, but it was Sonic 2&3 that Really Brought me the Joys of the fast paced Blue hedgehog, then when they brought out S&K, that was the only way I played it from then on. (until my Sega died) from Emerald hill zone to Doomsday Zone. I ran around that would doing everything I could. I even discovered that the score maxed at 999,999 points. Now that was hard to get. But I got it with Super Tails. (Golden attack birds I loved you so much) Plus then being able to play every stage over after beating that game, Just wonderful. It made me glee with joy.

3. Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES) I just can't stop playing this game, I still play it to this day on my Virtual Console. When I was a kid, I could never beat Sea Land, Mainly for a few reasons. One, I wasn't good at swimming stages. Two, I wasn't too good with the Frog suit. And Three, I was afraid of Big Burtha, Yes I was afraid of the Giant fish that ate you. Weird I know. I'm not even sure why I was afraid. It's silly. But I think that is what started my whole vore thing, but that is not important.

2. Pokemon Red Version (GBY) When I was first Introduced into Pokemon, it was from watching some kid at the park play it, he was battling the Elite Four with a Blastoise, Why I remember that I don't know. But I think it was cause it was my First Pokemon Memory. but after that. I saved up my Allowance for almost the Whole Summer just to buy it, And when I did. it was the greatest moment of my life. t was the only Pokemon game where I completed the Pokedex without cheating. Got my First 2 Lvl 100s without the rare Candy trick, and where my love for Pokemon truly sunk in, And I would almost give anything for a Working good copy of Pokemon Red for the GBY. The last copy I had. the battery in it died so It won't Save. and FireRed just isn't the same, it doesn't have the same feel. It feels too easy. I remeber wandering around Viridian Forest for two days looking for a Pikachu, and when I got him. I learned that He kinda sucked, and I traded him for my Jolteon. But my true pride and Joy was my Gyrados. the one that I payed 500 Poke'dollars for. yes I bought the Magikarp from that guy at Mt. Moon. and He turned out awesome too. So screw him.

1. Shining Force (Sega) This is no doubt my Favorite game of all time. it's a Turn based Strategy game, But it's also a RPG. It was the Fire Emblem for America. And it had so many Different Character. everyone stats Grew Differently every game. Sometime's you might have a knight that was good, then your next play through he Sucked. few of the Characters didn't een follow their Class. Like a Knight/Paladin called Arther. Compaired to your other knights He suck all the way around. But when you get him to level 9. You start to notice that is gaining MP for some reason. Then by Lvl 14 he learns Fire Rank 1. He turned into a Mobile Caster. which you have none of. on Top of that, Every Character was different in their own way, No two Characters were alike. Your three mages all specialized in different schools of magic. your Priests did different thing. Plus there was so many Different Character/classes your Team was never the same every play through. Plus what Game Gives lets you use a WereWolf, a Crazy old man in a Junkyard helicopter, A fox Furry mage, A Ninja, A robot, A Dragon, A Armadillo Furry, Bird Furrys, and a Hamster in a Retard Helmet fight on the same battle Field. None other then Shining Force. Plus the Game was Rare as Hell. If you found a copy, You cherished it like it was gold. Cause Sega of America only made 120,000 copys of it for the Genesis, and even less for the GBA. I have my GBA one. But if I find a Genesis one. I am buying it. If you can find it. Even a rom, PLAY THIS GAME. if you like Fire Emblem. you will love this game.

Wow that was a bit of a Rant. Sorry for writing so much, But I just had so much to share. Thanks for taking your time and Reading this. Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
ceonn

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:19 am

in no particular order

Suikoden 1

Why? Cause it was something new and original for it's time.

Suikoden 2

Why? Cause Suikoden 1 was the best, plus suikoden 2 was the Suikoden series at it's prime.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Why? Cause it's the first game I have ever picked up, and I still play it XD.

Tales of Destiny

Why? Cause it got me interested in the Tales series, and so I must love it.

Finally...

This was a hard choice, but I'd say...

Bloody Roar

Why? No reason. Besides spending 100+ hours trying to unlock the final boss as a playable character to find out you can't, and yet still end up enjoying every darn minute of it.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
ndoto

ndoto

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
1. Shining Force (Sega)

Oh MAN. I frickin' LOVE Shining Force. I've got the original Genesis cart, the version on the Genesis Collection for Xbox 360, and the Wii Virtual Console version. This is pretty much the game that introduced me to the strategy/tactical RPG genre. Shining Force II was a fantastic sequel, and I always lamented the fact that I never had a Saturn and couldn't play Shining Force III. The "new" action RPG Shining Force games that have been coming out just aren't the same, and I wish they'd have a return to the series' heyday as SRPGs.

ceonn wrote:
Suikoden 1

Why? Cause it was something new and original for it's time.

Suikoden 2

Why? Cause Suikoden 1 was the best, plus suikoden 2 was the Suikoden series at it's prime.

The first two Suikoden games are definitely some of THE best original Playstation RPGs out there, and Suikoden II ranks pretty high up there on my list of all-time favorite RPGs period. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ndoto
Sponsored content

Retro Power! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Power!   Retro Power! Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Power!
Page 1 of 1