A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What's that? An introduction?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Weardno

PostSubject: What's that? An introduction?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 am

Let's see... Hmm... Where to start...

I'll try to shorten this by just listing the games that left some of the biggest impacts on me from each console.

Back when I was young my father owned an NES and owned all the classics, I still recall playing Punch Out!!, Super Mario Bros., Marble Madness, even Friday The 13th. ^^"
At about the same time, my mother had gotten herself a GameBoy (which still lives to this day. rofl) and she was a Tetris whiz at it. Naturally I picked up on it as well.

Then came the SNES and games like Super Mario Kart, Top Gear, Super Mario World, Super Punch Out!!, Earthworm Jim, etc.
While I've technically owned 3 separate SNES consoles, two were stolen and one was smashed by my father unfortunately.

I dabbed in the the SEGA Genesis a bit, but that was only when I got to visit my cousin.

The N64 was next in line for me, which brought to me the Resident Evil series, which I've been a fan of since.

At this point my brother got himself a Playstation. I played it a bit, but couldn't get into any of the games at the time.

Shortly after getting an N64 I was able to own my first Pokémon cart for the Gameboy Color. It was Silver Version. I had played Red and Yellow many times before, but that was because my friend had a strange obsession with resetting the cart, and having me beat the game over and over and over again for him.

Next up was the GBA, and Pokémon Sapphire Version, Leaf Green, and Emerald Version.

After that was the GameCube, and Pokémon Colosseum, XD: Gale Of Darkness, Luigi's Mansion (which I can play a BILLION TIMES OVER and NEVER get bored), amongst other games. (at the moment, my gamecube has the largest library of my games)

My brother got himself a Playstation 2 after I got my cube. I enjoyed this console much more than his old one, but it was mainly his, so I was moreso stuck to gamecube games at the time.

The DS came along after the cube and offered me games such as WarioWare Touched!, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokémon Diamond, Platinum, and most recently Soul Silver, Tetris DS, etc.

Wii comes next naturally. Bringing me games such as Pokémon Battle Revolution, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Animal Crossing: City Folk.

After I got my Wii, it was my brother's turn to get a console naturally, and in true fanboy form, he managed to get himself a PS3. I've not played his PS3 all that much because he can't seem to keep games for it for very long, so my experience on the PS3 is limited.

Well, I was badly wanting more action out of my games, so I got myself an Xbox 360, and that's offered me a HUGE window of games, from Gears of War (2), Left 4 Dead (2), GTA IV, Rockband 2, Saints Row (2), and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Currently that's where I'm at. I've recently stopped playing competitively in both online games and even Pokémon. While I still enjoy the occasional fight in a game or battle, I prefer to be a mentor to those around me... considering I'm apparently a well of knowledge when it comes to Pokémon and specific videogames. ^^"

Well... that's all I feel like writing right now. If you've actually read that all, congratulations! You get a certificate from Game Freak celebrating your accomplishment!
*quickly shows a piece of paper*
There you go. You can go now.
What? You wanna see it again? Nope. You can only see it once, company policy.

(Yes... I've legitimately completed the National Dex in Diamond Version... and was REALLY teed off to find just a stupid diploma I can only look at once.)

*Edit: My Xbox Live gamertag for anyone willing to look up my achievements/scores/etc. is "Dr Weardno".
I've currently JUST ran out of gold and won't have the money to replenish it anytime soon, so sorry if you wanted to challange me to anything. ^^"

Last edited by Dr Weardno on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://drweardno.deviantart.com/
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's that? An introduction?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:43 pm

wow, quite a nice, big introduction here! welcome to the forum, buddy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shingaming.forumotion.com
Dr Weardno

PostSubject: Re: What's that? An introduction?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Sparky the chu wrote:
wow, quite a nice, big introduction here! welcome to the forum, buddy!

Well thank you very much!

I tend to talk a lot when it comes to a subject I know a lot about. Sorry about that. ^^"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://drweardno.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's that? An introduction?   

Back to top Go down

What's that? An introduction?
Page 1 of 1