A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mynop

PostSubject: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I really like anime and I thought to put a new topic around here asking people of their top 5 favourite anime series.
My Personal favorites are.

1. Fushigi Yuugi (the mysterious play)

2. Shuffle

3. Full Metal Panic

4. Mai-Hime (or My)

5. Elfen Lied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damienfox

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Hm... My top five, in no particular order (I'm just not good at picking an absolute favorite!) and assuming we're talking about the TV shows, rather than movies, would probably be Rurouni Kenshin, Yakitate!! Japan, Jungle wa Itsuno Hare nochi Guu, Paranoia Agent, and Ouran High School Host Club.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mynop

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

I have seen the Yakitate Japan and I have thought of making a AMV from it with "Bakerman" from Laid Back as music. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceonn

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Hmm... allright, I got it.

5: Bleach

4:Tales of the Abyss

3:Higurashi

2:Gurren Lagaan

1:Code Geass Lelouch the Rebellion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ndoto

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 pm

I'll join in on this one, too!

5) Da Capo
4) Paranoia Agent
3) Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
2) .hack//SIGN
1) Revolutionary Girl Utena

Da Capo is (in my opinion) an underrated series. It was based on a visual novel, like Kanon and Shuffle!, and so contains the requisite amount of romantic entanglement, teenage angst and harem comedy. I love the art and character designs, and the music is absolutely gorgeous. The characters and storyline are interesting, and like with a lot of series, while it starts out mellow and more funny than anything else, after the halfway point, the plot begins to get more serious.

I'm a huge fan of Satoshi Kon's work, and Paranoia Agent is my absolute second favorite thing from him. First is Millennium Actress, a very well-executed and touching film.

The original Ghost in the Shell is one of the first anime I ever saw, and I remember being floored by it, though not really understanding a lot of its deeper meaning at the time. The Stand Alone Complex TV series is an amazing alternate universe take on Section 9's exploits. Beautiful animation, and gorgeous music provided by Yoko Kanno accentuate the mood of this show. Plus, now that I'm older, I was able to watch the TV show from the get-go with an ability to appreciate the philosophical and psychological meaning of things.

I'm an absolute .hack fanboy, and I followed .hack//SIGN - the precursor to all other .hack media - right as it was coming out in Japan. At that point, I hadn't watched any Aquarian Age or Noir, so .hack//SIGN was my first exposure to the music of Yuki Kajiura, whose compositional abilities are right up there with Yoko Kanno. I'd already been a fan of Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's character designs, and the rest of the art in the series is fluid and gorgeous, too. Because .hack is a literal multi-media franchise, spanning games, anime, manga, light novels and the like, it's easier to see in retrospect how interconnected all the .hack titles are, but I've always felt that as the first series created, .hack//SIGN in particular is the title which is most accessible to those who don't have any knowledge of the rest of the .hack franchise.

And then there's Utena, which I don't even know what to say about. Psychological and philosophical symbolism to the extreme, with a multi-layered plot, complex characters, great art and music, and a serious mindscrew. On the surface, it masquerades as a magical girl shoujo anime, but also ends up becoming a deconstruction and subversion of what is normally a happy-go-lucky genre. Gender, sexuality, adolescence and Jungian archetypes are all packaged up with colorful roses, strange duels and a heaping helping of metaphor. To this day, I rewatch this series and still catch things that I didn't pick up on the first (second, third, fourth) time around. By far my favorite anime series.

Runners-up for this list that didn't make the Top 5 included Serial Experiments Lain, Wolf's Rain, Vision of Escaflowne and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Also, I feel kind of embarrassed for babbling on so long. Embarassed Didn't realize this post was gonna get this long. Sorry guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/ndoto
Mynop

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:02 am

No problem Ndoto, I have seen Ghost in the Shell:SaC too and I remembered how good it really was.
I've been thinking of watching it again sometime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 pm

ceonn wrote:

Higurashi's the one with the psychos, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
KorialFox

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 am

Pokemon
Digimon
...eee I saw one episode Naruto...
Okay I give up XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.korialfox.deviantart.com
Mynop

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Mackilla wrote:
ceonn wrote:

Higurashi's the one with the psychos, isn't it?

Yup it is, but it's still really good. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smallbr

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Five hay OK here we go.

1 Naruto.

2 Mysterious Cities of Gold.

3 Dogtanian.

4 Cardcaptors.

5 Pokemon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyBat

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 am

I'm more into manga, but even naming my top 5 anime is a though job. I think they would be ordered like this:

5.- Keroro Gunso

4.- Fullmetal Alchemist (both new and old verions)

3.- Dragonball + Dragonball Z (not GT)

2.- Death Note

1.- One Piece

I would like to put more shonen jump ones (like Bleach, Naruto, Hitman Reborn) but I prefer their manga versions

...oh one more thing.. every anime listed here is refering to their original japanese versions and not the awful childish american edited versions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?   

Back to top Go down

Top 5 best Anime You've ever seen?
Page 1 of 1