Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Roleplay?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackilla

Mackilla

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Anyone share the same wtf with me that it can be possible to play something like dungeons and dragons on a forum? I believe that is actually cool in a sense, like posting what your character looks like in a picture and stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Well, it is possible to describe your character and discuss about him/her in the RPG forum, but as a roleplayer myself too, I doupt anything more than a random RP with no actual sotry wouldn't work in a forum like this <:3
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:42 pm

But I am by no chance stopping anyone from trying :3
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 pm

*thinks* Basic idea I have is like this:
1. You can draw/describe character of choice, you can do both but drawing says more than words... for example:
What does my character do?

Forum Roleplay? Mack0010
He can fight with 2 short, but wide, swords. The collar on his shirt can mean something, like charisma. But his rolled-up pants mean he would rather not trip at a critical moment that requires stealth/dexterity/speed

2.The Master (whoever starts the roleplay) must make the maps ahead of time and post as image.

3.Reasonable enemies and NPCs are a must.

Another idea would be playing D&D on a forum somehow. But that's just HARD... to hard! And kinda goes in... makes you feel violated (I couldn't resist I'm sorry).

Last edited by Mackilla on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added caption for picture "He can fight...speed")
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:55 pm

Yes, but waiting for each player to act his turn or have everyone to get equal chance to play would in worst case mean having to wait very long time <:3 And I can say at least I would lost the feeling to the game in that kind of situation. And it should have somekind of clear rules too, so someone doesn't just start God-modding (which I hate with all my life-force) or just otherwise being overpowering.

All and all, I think serious RP in any forum just wouldn't work <:3 I think MSN would be better place for it. But still, if some of you guys want to try, go ahead :3
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:05 am

I must say though, not a lot of people I know have MSN.

There should be a strict HP limit in the beginning of a FRPG (F_orum R_ole P_laying G_ame) as everyone should be Level 1.
Someone HAS to have made a dice thing online, use that as the hit and other limit breaking... things.... I don't know, you have any idea, Rai?
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 am

There is a virtual dice on internet :3
But why use that, since you won't display your your die rolls in here anyways? <:3 I think the best way would be to just say the number you rolled and just trust this person is speaking the truth. If he isn't, he is just making the game worse for him AND others.
And overally I've always found basic DnD rules to be competely working for all causes. But the problem is that if someone doesn't know them, it will be a Hell of a job to teach even the basics.
Best way would be to invent some of your own, simple rules for this. Which is a process on itself too.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 am

Well, I don't know....

I'm distracted by cricket bats. They're excellent for hitting zombies in the face.
And then machetes, the are excellent and slashing and cutting zombies... in the face.

Wooh sorry was distracted XD.
Now that I hear this I don't think it is good to play a FRPG. Maybe like a thing that you film what's going on in a actual internet or other game and let people debate on "what to do next".
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:27 am

heh that would be cool, but I see it as a more laid-back freeform roleplay on here. Which is still cool. As the odd theater student type I jump at any roleplay chance I get
Back to top Go down
TGLucario475

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:03 am

Masqued ferret wrote:
heh that would be cool, but I see it as a more laid-back freeform roleplay on here. Which is still cool. As the odd theater student type I jump at any roleplay chance I get

Same here, I'd take most RP's if I like them, even though I do enjoy doing a serious one once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Smallbr

Smallbr

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Role play   Forum Roleplay? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm

I also have a character who would be able to play in role play.

Last edited by Smallbr on Wed May 12, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : needed it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Roleplay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Roleplay?   Forum Roleplay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Roleplay?
Page 1 of 1