Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+2
Kiutogi
Mackilla
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

heh, I know what you mean Mackilla and Kiutogi, I was at college, going to our gamer's club, when I dropped my phb, a lady went to pick it up and then she saw what it was...she dropped it like it had started to talk to her....and then I got the standard anti-christ you shall rot and burn speech. And I am proud to saw I have not touched WoW, though I feel guilty about the fact I still play pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Why do people think that this game is like opening the door to hell?!?! It's just a game, like monopoly! My Dad was a PRIEST! (Yeah, I don't know how to explain how he stopped, but it was legal in the church) and he played this game after he stopped! He still went to church to!

Seriously these people need to get a life, if it was a Ouiji board you dropped, Masqued, then you would deserve that speech. But since you didn't, YOU DON'T DESERVE S<4KIDS>T BUT THE EXP FROM THE GAME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 pm

thank you for that statement, though you forget I am a rogue, I rolled reflex and avoided her rant easily. heh but as much as it annoys me, I just ignore it, then laugh about it 'round the table with my buds later.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Damn. Man.

I think there's a whole other club in the high school for special gamers (them adventurers). Damn, I can't wait to get to high school. Must...wait... two....more...months...
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Just wait till you meet the College D&Ders, They think up some &#%@ that would just blow your mind, Character that you couldn't even begin to understand until you've gone through 24hour caffeine induced sleep deprived high then getting hit with that moment of Inspiration where your like, "Oh My God! Is that even possible?!? I must check my extended source books. if I take that Feat, Play it with this Race and Cross Class that, Put points into those Skill...........O.O HOLY S*** It is! This Character is so going to be Epic!" Those are the moments that Make D&D magical, Maybe a few days from now, I might tell one of my Tales of having that moment, But for now, lets hear yours.
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:32 pm

D&D evil? HAHA X3 I've heard of that too. My friend who lives in Brazil said that there, DnD and other players of such RPGs are almost considered cultists, who participate dark arts....and they say we RPG players have wild imagination X3

But then again, I also saw this video, where an offical looking guy in offical press conference stated that Pokemon leads people to Devil Worshipping and that ultimately the kids would learn to use the pokemon attacks themselves....righto...there was a comment under the video by a random user: "I must have missed the part on Pokemon Instruction manual that taught me how to do Thunder Bolt" X3
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:11 am

Kiutogi wrote:
Just wait till you meet the College D&Ders, They think up some &#%@ that would just blow your mind, Character that you couldn't even begin to understand until you've gone through 24hour caffeine induced sleep deprived high then getting hit with that moment of Inspiration where your like, "Oh My God! Is that even possible?!? I must check my extended source books. if I take that Feat, Play it with this Race and Cross Class that, Put points into those Skill...........O.O HOLY S*** It is! This Character is so going to be Epic!" Those are the moments that Make D&D magical, Maybe a few days from now, I might tell one of my Tales of having that moment, But for now, lets hear yours.

Oh yeah, us college dnders do that...heh coffee does help, I'm in a dry spell though...so when my inspiration alarm goes off you'll know.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Rai-kun wrote:
D&D evil? HAHA X3 I've heard of that too. My friend who lives in Brazil said that there, DnD and other players of such RPGs are almost considered cultists, who participate dark arts....and they say we RPG players have wild imagination X3

But then again, I also saw this video, where an offical looking guy in offical press conference stated that Pokemon leads people to Devil Worshipping and that ultimately the kids would learn to use the pokemon attacks themselves....righto...there was a comment under the video by a random user: "I must have missed the part on Pokemon Instruction manual that taught me how to do Thunder Bolt" X3

DnD is understandable. But no one. I mean NO ONE. Should blame Pokemon for Devil Worshipping. It's just a kids game where you go around enslaving catching and killing little animals. but then you find out your doomed to be 10... forever...
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Masqued ferret wrote:
Oh yeah, us college dnders do that...heh coffee does help, I'm in a dry spell though...so when my inspiration alarm goes off you'll know.

so basically...

HOLYS<NOT4KIDS>TINSPRIATIONSPELLASDFADSDAFAFASDFSDFSDFSDFASDFFSDFAFASDFSADFFASF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say that in a quiet room? Close enough? Hit home?
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Well Like I said, I'd Wait a few days, (actually longer then a week.....shut up.)
I have a story of one of those days. back when I was the Military, I was doing a 12hour over night DS CQ in the Office, Me and one of the other D&Der in the company were going through my books. Now at that time, I had been up since the morning doing exhausting army things. So I had a few of those Caffeine Drinks, Mostly NOS. (Don't Drink, EVER.)

Now going through my books, I wanted to make a Epic character for the Campaign that was going to be ran on the weekend. For this game, I made a Sylvian Elf, (For those who don't know about them, they get all the same race abilities as Regular elves excpet, +2 str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int. Favord Class: Ranger) He was Tri-classed Lvl 13 Fighter/ Lvl 10 Dragon slayer/ Lvl 5 Legendary Dreadnought, Over all Character level 28, (Apparently CR of 32, How that happened I don't know.) Now originally I thought that was cool, But then I started to think about FF7, and I turned to the guy who was making his character and asked "wasn't there a Feat that allowed someone to wield a larger weapon then his character size. So after about an hour of searching through three diffrent books, I compiled that in-fact with the Feats "Monkey Grip" and "Over-sized weapon Proficiency" You can Indeed Wield a Large weapon as a Medium Character with no Penaltys (Normal being -4 to all attacked due to using a weapon of one category difference) Stacking with Exotic weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Improved duel-wield proficiency, and Improved Duel-wield Mastery. I made a Character Who could equivalently duel-wield Greatswords,

The DM Protested that it was illegal, but I showed him the exact rules I followed and Agreed to allow me to use him. How the campaign did Involve stopping a Great Wyrm Red Dragon from destroying a City, Needless to say, that is where my Characer Shined. At the Start the Dragon was doing it's normal Dragon thing, Fly by Breath attacks, But the Wizard and the Cleric saw to stopping that. Then at that point I shouted to the Dragon "Why not stop flying like a Cowardly Wyrmling and Fight us Down here!" and so It did Drop down, On my character to crush him. This was the point that made being a Legendary Dreadnought all worth it, With my Already high Str Score (I think it was around 34 after spell and Item Enchants) With the +20 from my "Unmovable" ability I got at LD lvl 4 and my Str Modifier of +12 (Equivalent of having a Str Score of 74), I proceeded to catch the Dragon and Threw him off me, Took 2 Turns, But the DM gave us a free turn of attack simply to the Dragon being stunned that a Elf Picked him up. Needless to say, by the end of the fight, we had a new Dragon Hide to decorate our Halls with.

It was a fun night. But that is just one of the things I thought of on a Sleep Deprived high.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
Well Like I said, I'd Wait a few days, (actually longer then a week.....shut up.)
I have a story of one of those days. back when I was the Military, I was doing a 12hour over night DS CQ in the Office, Me and one of the other D&Der in the company were going through my books. Now at that time, I had been up since the morning doing exhausting army things. So I had a few of those Caffeine Drinks, Mostly NOS. (Don't Drink, EVER.)

Now going through my books, I wanted to make a Epic character for the Campaign that was going to be ran on the weekend. For this game, I made a Sylvian Elf, (For those who don't know about them, they get all the same race abilities as Regular elves excpet, +2 str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int. Favord Class: Ranger) He was Tri-classed Lvl 13 Fighter/ Lvl 10 Dragon slayer/ Lvl 5 Legendary Dreadnought, Over all Character level 28, (Apparently CR of 32, How that happened I don't know.) Now originally I thought that was cool, But then I started to think about FF7, and I turned to the guy who was making his character and asked "wasn't there a Feat that allowed someone to wield a larger weapon then his character size. So after about an hour of searching through three diffrent books, I compiled that in-fact with the Feats "Monkey Grip" and "Over-sized weapon Proficiency" You can Indeed Wield a Large weapon as a Medium Character with no Penaltys (Normal being -4 to all attacked due to using a weapon of one category difference) Stacking with Exotic weapon Proficiency(Bastard Sword), Improved duel-wield proficiency, and Improved Duel-wield Mastery. I made a Character Who could equivalently duel-wield Greatswords,

The DM Protested that it was illegal, but I showed him the exact rules I followed and Agreed to allow me to use him. How the campaign did Involve stopping a Great Wyrm Red Dragon from destroying a City, Needless to say, that is where my Characer Shined. At the Start the Dragon was doing it's normal Dragon thing, Fly by Breath attacks, But the Wizard and the Cleric saw to stopping that. Then at that point I shouted to the Dragon "Why not stop flying like a Cowardly Wyrmling and Fight us Down here!" and so It did Drop down, On my character to crush him. This was the point that made being a Legendary Dreadnought all worth it, With my Already high Str Score (I think it was around 34 after spell and Item Enchants) With the +20 from my "Unmovable" ability I got at LD lvl 4 and my Str Modifier of +12 (Equivalent of having a Str Score of 74), I proceeded to catch the Dragon and Threw him off me, Took 2 Turns, But the DM gave us a free turn of attack simply to the Dragon being stunned that a Elf Picked him up. Needless to say, by the end of the fight, we had a new Dragon Hide to decorate our Halls with.

It was a fun night. But that is just one of the things I thought of on a Sleep Deprived high.

Bastard or buster sword?
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:08 am

Mackilla wrote:
Bastard or buster sword?

A Bastard sword the size of a Buster sword.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:06 am

Kiutogi wrote:
Mackilla wrote:
Bastard or buster sword?

A Bastard sword the size of a Buster sword.

That's one bastardous sword then!
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:10 am

Quote :
HOLYS<NOT4KIDS>TINSPRIATIONSPELLASDFADSDAFAFASDFSDFSDFSDFASDFFSDFAFASDFSADFFASF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh almost with me it's more

AHAEUREKAIHAVEITIFIDOTHISTOTHATFORTHISWITHTHATICANMAKEAROGUETHATOUTJUMPSMARIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which I have done, he has 18 jump without trying currently, at higher levels...expect him to get nods of approvement from luigi.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:54 am

People like you are ticking time bombs...

But do you ever scream stuff like that in, oh I don't know... a LIBRARY?!
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

not in a library, but in a laid back cafe while sipping a mochaccino with at least a dozen other people nearby. heh I sat back down and said something like..."it's okay I'm a geek. you can go back to your regular routine now."
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Masqued ferret wrote:
not in a library, but in a laid back cafe while sipping a mochaccino with at least a dozen other people nearby. heh I sat back down and said something like..."it's okay I'm a geek. you can go back to your regular routine now."

LOL! XD

Not as embarrassing then.
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:13 am

embarrassing! how?!?! I am proud to carry a d20 with me! and a d4 for my race's light crossbow damage at tiny size.
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:26 pm

Masqued ferret wrote:
embarrassing! how?!?! I am proud to carry a d20 with me! and a d4 for my race's light crossbow damage at tiny size.

Tiny? o.o What race are you?
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:34 am

Okay two things:
1.Tiny: That's what she said. xD

2. I think your... a halfling?
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:41 am

Halflings are small X3

Tiny would be something closer to the size of a cat o.o
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh, then let's compare to your sona!

Wait is your sona a cat?
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:30 pm

Umm...mine?
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:58 pm

REWIND-just found out your an internet browser.

Compare it to... to... my cat.

WARNING! LOLNESS!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, an internet browser, if you want to say it like that.

That cat is not amused X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dungeons and Dragons
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shin Gaming Forum :: Other :: Board Games :: Table RPGs-
Jump to: