A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pokemon Black/White

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:27 pm

DrayVonGoff wrote:
Talking about legendaries they could make, why not Satan? lol.

Satanmon?!?! o_o meep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Mackilla wrote:
DrayVonGoff wrote:
Talking about legendaries they could make, why not Satan? lol.

Satanmon?!?! o_o meep!

Hehe, Satanmon, that sounds more like a Digimon then a Pokemon,
"Satanmon, Virus type, Has raged a constant war with the Digital Heaven, He's constantly trying to delete Holy Angelmon. his physical strength is horrifying as well as the hordes of other Virus types that follow him, but what you really have to watch out for is his Hell's Blast.

Thats what I thought of when I heard that name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
"Satanmon, Virus type, Has raged a constant war with the Digital Heaven, He's constantly trying to delete Holy Angelmon. his physical strength is horrifying as well as the hordes of other Virus types that follow him, but what you really have to watch out for is his Hell's Blast.

Um... how about Satanos? I can't think of another name, just add os at the end...

DIGIMON SUCK FTW!
Back to top Go down
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 am

Mackilla wrote:
Kiutogi wrote:

Um... how about Satanos? I can't think of another name, just add os at the end...

DIGIMON SUCK FTW!

Mackilla, one of the reasons I made this forum was to avoid this kind of unrespectful and unjustified comments, please, be careful about how you voice your opinions, as I'm sure that there are digimon fans here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shingaming.forumotion.com
Rai-kun
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

Agreed. Please mind your language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 am

Sparky the chu wrote:
Mackilla wrote:
Kiutogi wrote:

DIGIMON SUCK FTW!

Mackilla, one of the reasons I made this forum was to avoid this kind of unrespectful and unjustified comments, please, be careful about how you voice your opinions, as I'm sure that there are digimon fans here.

Sorry Embarassed wrong choice of wording on my part. pale Hm... can't find the bang-head-on-wall emote. This will setle that...
I'm feeling angst lately, even stuff that cheers me up isn't working to tell the truth... angst for life?!?! O_O
This doesn't change my opinion, I had nightmares about digimon. Seriously. (Yet they were more focused on my cat for some reason) I also believe FIRMLY that pokemon is more original than digimon, bakugan, and any other monster. I think that the others are just rip offs.

Back to top Go down
BillyTheCat128

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 pm

Rai-kun wrote:

Sparky the chu wrote:
Mackilla wrote:
Kiutogi wrote:

DIGIMON SUCK FTW!

*Billy Whistles and coughs* Razz
Bad choice of forum perhaps!? XD

Anyway, I knew something like this 'had' to happen in a short while! ;-)
Don't take it too hard on Mackilla, I guess he just didn't have his day, we all do at some point! ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billythecat128.deviantart.com
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:29 am

Harry Potter Puppet (from Wizard Angst) wrote:
I feel angry and pubescent today, and I don't know why. Grrr! I'm gonna take it out on people I like!

The people I like part does not mean digimon, like I said, I believe Pokemon got ripped off the day they made that. People I like is the forum in general ^^ That's how I feel in a nutshell.

Yes we do, Billy, yes we do.
Back to top Go down
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

BillyTheCat128 wrote:
Rai-kun wrote:

Sparky the chu wrote:
Mackilla wrote:
Kiutogi wrote:

DIGIMON SUCK FTW!

*Billy Whistles and coughs* Razz
Bad choice of forum perhaps!? XD

Anyway, I knew something like this 'had' to happen in a short while! ;-)
Don't take it too hard on Mackilla, I guess he just didn't have his day, we all do at some point! ^_^

I just want to make sure that this is a place where everyone can feel welcome about what they like and that no one will unrespectfully step on their likings Smile

Mine was just a friendly warning, that's all ^^
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Ok something with Satan, something with God, and something with... Budda?
Back to top Go down
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Usually what interests me most when looking forward to a new generation of Pokemon is that starters. I mean I don't know about most players, but I'm a player who likes to have my starter in my party for the entire game. ^^ Therefore, I'm hoping that the starters are something that I would want to have in my party the whole time, particularly the fire starter (since I've made a tradition of choosing it. ^^)

I really liked Chimchar and its evolution so I'm hoping the next one will be one I'll like just as much. Just please, Nintendo...no more Fire/Fighting. X3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlecharmander.deviantart.com/
Rai-kun
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:18 am

I like to keep the starter all the time too, so I'm hoping big for them too n.n

Unfortunately...I did not have too much luxury on the 4th. For some reason, none of the starters caight my eye as really appealing and woke up that "I want that one!" feeling u.u Other gens starters always had one of those. 4th gen starters are cute, I'm not saying that <:3 But...I just didn't find that connection u.u
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:43 am

Rai-kun wrote:
I like to keep the starter all the time too, so I'm hoping big for them too n.n

Unfortunately...I did not have too much luxury on the 4th. For some reason, none of the starters caight my eye as really appealing and woke up that "I want that one!" feeling u.u Other gens starters always had one of those. 4th gen starters are cute, I'm not saying that <:3 But...I just didn't find that connection u.u

That's kinda how it was for me with the 3rd generation, though I did like Trecko. But I stuck with Torchic and ended up loving it in the end. ^^

But yeah, I certainly hope this next generation evokes a feeling of "I want that Pokemon!" and not "I guess I'll pick that one". X3
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 am

3rd and 4th gen gave me that feeling, when I couldn't decide, I just went with the Fire type like I always do. I wasn't two impressed with Torchic or Chimchar, when my torchic got to it's third stage, I was already getting annoyed with the whole Fighting Subtype (fighting just has so many weaknesses). as for Chimchar, I'm not even going there. to sum it up, I have a Taboo with my Pokemon games, I beat the Elite Four my First time with Untraded Pokemon, Infernape was in that party, After i beat the Elite Four, he went into the box never to come out again.

If I were to pick some types for the new Starter's third stage, I would pick Fire/Steel, Water/Dark, and Grass/Flying. But then thats just me, I think those pair ups would be rather interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 pm

At the risk of blasphemy...I want to see a different starter triangle! come on psychic-fighting-dark would be an awesome change. And I want the secret bases like they had in emerald back and not the weird underground thing that drove me up the wall, I mean in emerald they were actually secret bases on the overworld that even if your pals were not offline would be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ndoto

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
If I were to pick some types for the new Starter's third stage, I would pick Fire/Steel, Water/Dark, and Grass/Flying. But then thats just me, I think those pair ups would be rather interesting.

Oh man, Water/Dark would be such a kickass pairing, I would use that in a heartbeat. XD

Masqued ferret wrote:
And I want the secret bases like they had in emerald back and not the weird underground thing that drove me up the wall, I mean in emerald they were actually secret bases on the overworld that even if your pals were not offline would be there.

I would DEFINITELY love to see the return of the overworld Secret Bases. But, I very much enjoyed the Underground from the Gen4 games, but that's probably because I have a total "treasure hunter" mentality. X3 Underground definitely had its drawbacks, though; I wish it had been WFC-enabled as opposed to only local WiFi, since I don't really have any local friends who bothered with the Underground. If they were to do something different with Black & White - sort of similar to the Underground in concept, but a new way of executing it that was more refined than Underground - I think I'd love to see something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/ndoto
Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Quote :

Interesting...I can see water dark and grass flying we have already had, but fire and steel I do not quite see even with heatran. I just find that that would be
1. a very strong combo as it is nullifying the main weakness of steel and giving it the moves to kill a fighting type, though the extra weakness to ground is justifiable.
2. I honestly do not know what it'd be as a Pokemon, as they need to think of 3 stages, and to be honest the develop the 2nd type at 2nd stage.

Quote :

I would DEFINITELY love to see the return of the overworld Secret Bases. But, I very much enjoyed the Underground from the Gen4 games, but that's probably because I have a total "treasure hunter" mentality. X3 Underground definitely had its drawbacks, though; I wish it had been WFC-enabled as opposed to only local WiFi, since I don't really have any local friends who bothered with the Underground. If they were to do something different with Black & White - sort of similar to the Underground in concept, but a new way of executing it that was more refined than Underground - I think I'd love to see something like that.

ooh what if they had it like so that you could interact with other players, locally or WFC, on the overworld?! Like you could make a group type thingy (that is a highly technical term folks) you'd be on the overworld, or like a special version of it, and you could challenge other groups! and with all the secret bases would be there...hmmm best hope that two of the people don't have the same base (heh no one ever used the same place I did in emerald) and like you could find more stuff on the map, like you could make a group HQ that would be like a mini-dungeon or something?!

and-*is pinched by his furret telling him he's rambling again.* ouch sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky the chu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 pm

I never saw the problem with the third and fourth gen honestly :3 most of the complaints I heard were that the new ones looked like robots (they probably forgot that first and second gen had pokemon like porygon/porygon 2, voltorb/electrode, dunsparce, magnemite/magneton, staryu/starmie, forretress, skarmory...), had creepy/dumb ones (first and second gen had mr. mime, hypno, jinx, slowpoke/slowbro/slowking) or that had many that didn't look like animals (many of the previous examples, electabuzz, tangela, kabutops, geodude/graveler/golem, diglett/dugtrio, sudowoodo...)

My personal theory is that everyone played the first and second gen games when they were young kids and this way those gens got encased in their childhood and they have what I like to call the "nostalgia factor". I honestly can bet that if third or fourth gen were the first two ones they would be the ones being in everyone's mind as "the best gens"

it's just my opinion though, you all know how I tend to love every pokemon X3
Back to top Go down
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:02 pm

Sparky the chu wrote:
I never saw the problem with the third and fourth gen honestly :3 most of the complaints I heard were that the new ones looked like robots (they probably forgot that first and second gen had pokemon like porygon/porygon 2, voltorb/electrode, dunsparce, magnemite/magneton, staryu/starmie, forretress, skarmory...), had creepy/dumb ones (first and second gen had mr. mime, hypno, jinx, slowpoke/slowbro/slowking) or that had many that didn't look like animals (many of the previous examples, electabuzz, tangela, kabutops, geodude/graveler/golem, diglett/dugtrio, sudowoodo...)

My personal theory is that everyone played the first and second gen games when they were young kids and this way those gens got encased in their childhood and they have what I like to call the "nostalgia factor". I honestly can bet that if third or fourth gen were the first two ones they would be the ones being in everyone's mind as "the best gens"

Hee hee you know, Sparky, that's just what I think the case is. X3 I love how most people I meet are like "oh, the first and/or second generations were and always will be the best". I'm like "that's just because those are the generations you grew up with. Razz" I really don't like the biases that people get against the newer generations. X3 I, for one, have always liked and disliked Pokemon from EVERY generation. But I'm always open and excited to see new Pokemon. ^^
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 pm

heh I have favorites in every gen, my nostalgia factor just makes me feel old, *is playing soulsilver, and has gotten his old furret back today.* honestly if I had to choose a top five there would be one from each gen.
...eh why not
1. Furret, G/S/C
2. Pikachu R/B/Y
3. Lucario D/P/Pl
4. Skitty R/S/E
5. Houndour G/S/C
sorry couldn't help myself. but as I said I liked most of them in all gens, if I disliked any, then it was that one plain and simple. but anyway I look forward to the new stuff a lot hope to see overworld secret bases again...and a slightly different multiplayer. As for the battle system stick with the one they have, I would rather have a turn based system then one that is a failed attempt at real time, and if they really must change, then do like the did in FFIV,and onwards with the active time gage, just do not try making too big a jump at once...as real time could open up the door to way too much more system abuse...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ndoto

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Masqued ferret wrote:
ooh what if they had it like so that you could interact with other players, locally or WFC, on the overworld?! Like you could make a group type thingy (that is a highly technical term folks) you'd be on the overworld, or like a special version of it, and you could challenge other groups! and with all the secret bases would be there...hmmm best hope that two of the people don't have the same base (heh no one ever used the same place I did in emerald) and like you could find more stuff on the map, like you could make a group HQ that would be like a mini-dungeon or something?!

That would be super super awesome!! It would be a fantastic change of pace from things like the Union Room and WiFi Club if instead they had things take place just on the overworld (or, more realistically, a small part of the overworld - perhaps a "zone" like the Safari Zone or Pal Park?).

You could "drop into" an interactive zone similar to how you can connect to the minigame plaza in Platinum/HG/SS, where you can interact with people, mix records, do trading, etc. right there on the field. You can get into battles with other players, and possibly "partner up" with another player (akin to partnering with the NPCs in D/P/Plat) and challenge other people to double battles like that as well...

Maybe if it were like a sort of "Safari Zone" area, there could even be patches of grass where you could potentially catch hard-to-get Pokemon, or ones not native to the region of Black & White...

It's probably just a dream, but man, that would be so awesome. X3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/ndoto
Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:02 pm

ndoto we should totally send this to creatures inc. they may even ignore it but it is totally worth a shot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyTheCat128

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Mon May 03, 2010 10:54 pm

Sparky the chu wrote:

I'm thesame: I see a positive aspect in every Pokémon they come up with.
But I guess 'everyone' has a Love\Hate relationship with Nintendo, even I do! =3
One time I'm like: "OMG!! This is the best idea ever!!" the other time I'm like: "Okay, what drugs were they on when they created this?"
I guess Nintendo is always looking for that 'middle-road' in gaming. They aren't afraid with change (Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess), but they also keep in mind what made a serie great to begin with.
When I look around the gaming industrie, I can honestly say that Nintendo is one of the only companies so far that hasn't butchered its franchises like what Crome Studios did with the Legend of Spyro. (I'm still trying to forget the painfull memory)

The only problem I had with Pokémon is that Nintendo has been focusing upon creating new pokémon, instead of focusing on the gameplay, since to be honest, the power of a great game also lies in the strenght of its gameplay.
The other downside that prevented me to buy Pokémon Revolution, was because they removed the RPG element, the exact element that made me go "WOW!" for a 3D Pokémon game. In Colloseum 1+2 they didn't really do a great job because of those eternal 'shadow-pokemons' they kept forcing onto the player, atleast in my humble opinion. (if they got rid of that and just inherited the original formula like what they did in every other gameboy\ds pokemon version, it would've been just perfect).

With pokémon black and white however they were going to do something 'new' with the gameplay, so I'm really excited to see what they've cooked up. What I have seen thus far looks really interesting as far as I'm concerned, so that's a big plus already. =3
All that's left now are some more screenshots and a new video and I'm able to make my final judgement. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://billythecat128.deviantart.com
LittleCharmander

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 am

BillyTheCat128 wrote:
Sparky the chu wrote:

I'm thesame: I see a positive aspect in every Pokémon they come up with.
But I guess 'everyone' has a Love\Hate relationship with Nintendo, even I do! =3
One time I'm like: "OMG!! This is the best idea ever!!" the other time I'm like: "Okay, what drugs were they on when they created this?"
I guess Nintendo is always looking for that 'middle-road' in gaming. They aren't afraid with change (Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess), but they also keep in mind what made a serie great to begin with.
When I look around the gaming industrie, I can honestly say that Nintendo is one of the only companies so far that hasn't butchered its franchises like what Crome Studios did with the Legend of Spyro. (I'm still trying to forget the painfull memory)

The only problem I had with Pokémon is that Nintendo has been focusing upon creating new pokémon, instead of focusing on the gameplay, since to be honest, the power of a great game also lies in the strenght of its gameplay.
The other downside that prevented me to buy Pokémon Revolution, was because they removed the RPG element, the exact element that made me go "WOW!" for a 3D Pokémon game. In Colloseum 1+2 they didn't really do a great job because of those eternal 'shadow-pokemons' they kept forcing onto the player, atleast in my humble opinion. (if they got rid of that and just inherited the original formula like what they did in every other gameboy\ds pokemon version, it would've been just perfect).

With pokémon black and white however they were going to do something 'new' with the gameplay, so I'm really excited to see what they've cooked up. What I have seen thus far looks really interesting as far as I'm concerned, so that's a big plus already. =3
All that's left now are some more screenshots and a new video and I'm able to make my final judgement. ^_^

Nintendo has a tendency to play it safe when it comes to game formulas. But hey, it has helped them get this far when other companies trying to innovate too much have ended up only making things worse (such as Sega and their release of a new Sonic game with some new gimmick every few months...no offense, Sonic fans! ^^; ). However, from what I can tell based upon interviews, Nintendo is certainly trying to change things up quite a bit with Pokemon Black & White. In fact, I think they even went as far as to say that when you play this game, you may just find yourself saying "this is Pokemon?". ^^
Back to top Go down
DrayVonGoff

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Sun May 09, 2010 2:36 am

just poked my head past Serebii, and silhouettes of three pokemon have been put up. Because its three, they are speculating they will be the starters, though that may not be true.
Heres the page for more info and the silhouettes: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Also, in response to pokemon looking like robots... I think the people who have a problem with that are saying the art style has gone that way, not the pokemon designs themselves. But then, I'd disagree with that.
And about them changing the formula... I really can't see what else they could do with a main series pokemon game. Maybe the battles will be more dynamic, or they may change the gym leader/elite four process. Who knows. I hope they don't mean by 'revolutionising', that they are just upgrading the graphics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black/White
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next