Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advance Wars, A Old Classic.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

Advance Wars, A Old Classic. Empty
PostSubject: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:39 am

I know that it's not that popular from what I hear, But I loved them to death, anyone else here play or at one point played Advance Wars, Now I know that the first american ones started on the GBA, But they have their DS ports, Advance Wars: Duel Strike, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Duel Strike gave me what I wanted, A continuation of The AW Story, Now some of the CO abilities were getting a little ridicules But what can you expect, they had like what 26 COs, Of course they would start to run out of Ideas, But it was enjoyable never the less, Especially the Duel Battles, Where you could have two fights at the same time, One on the top Screen and one of the Bottom Screen. Duel CO Battles, where you could Swap your COs in mid fight, sometimes giving your opponent a good kick in the pants. And the Tag Power, Giving you a extra turn cause both of your COs use their CO super powers at the same time, well not exactly at the same time, More of one uses their powers and then the other use theirs durring the same turn.

Days of Ruin changed almost everything about the Adcance Wars game, The basics were still the same, But the way CO powers changed, the COs themselves changed, Mostly by Ditching the old cast and making a whole new cast with a whole new world and story. Taking away some units and adding new ones, Giving you the ability to put your CO in a Unit, boosting it's power and the units around it, And on top of it, Allowing your units to get promoted, allowing them to grow stronger after they kill an enemy. Now the story I didn't enjoy. But it was a fun change with the game mechanics.

Anyone else play these great games? If you have please tell me your experience.
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 am

So no body here has played Advanced Wars? It's a great game, you guys should play it if you have the money to get it from EB games.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Never even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
BillyTheCat128

BillyTheCat128

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:29 am

I can remember that my friend used to play it! =3
Looks like an interesting game, but I don't play strategy games. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://billythecat128.deviantart.com
Aversin

Aversin

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 pm

gah, why i didn´t see this one?

AW is a great strategy game, i started with advance wars 2 on a GBA emulator to test the multiplayer ability of the emulator. some days later i defeated black hole x3

then on the DS i downloaded AW Dark Conflict ( german name for Days of Ruin, but still the same game ) and totally loved it, the gameplay, the CO usage was much better for me, i didn´t liked the other version^^. the balance is better done, but some maps are still unfair . I loved also the story

aaand the musc

i will post my FC later

* kicks himself to look deeper into the forum *
Back to top Go down
http://www.nf-starfleet.de/user-details-25.html
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:24 pm

You's have to play AW1 got the gba, It's the hardest of all of the original cast games,

I'm just wondering if their going to go back to the old cast in the next one, keep the new cast, or go with some other people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advance Wars, A Old Classic.   Advance Wars, A Old Classic. Empty

Back to top Go down

Advance Wars, A Old Classic.
Page 1 of 1