Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

old game music! ^^"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

old game music! ^^" Empty
PostSubject: old game music! ^^"   old game music! ^^" EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 am

yeah I figured why not ask about the music that you really liked in older games...if you cannot find an actual title the nno worries, I'm no good at that myself.

I will say my favorite and the one that tops my list is the forest them from mario rpg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkailb3xcTI&feature=related the official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECv7i-6bChI&feature=related or a take on it that gave it lyrics and addictivness, note: there is some minor language in the video.
Back to top Go down
Mynop

Mynop

PostSubject: Awesome.   old game music! ^^" EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:57 am

Great to see that there are people around to like the music of old games,
my all time favourite old game music is absolutely from Shadow Wraith, if you've
never heard of it, don't worry afterall very small amount of people really knows the game. Very Happy
Then others are from Sonic 1,2 & 3.
Jazz Jackrabbit
Castlevania (the very first one Wink)
There are also many others, but these games's music's are my favourites. ^^
Back to top Go down
ceonn

PostSubject: Re: old game music! ^^"   old game music! ^^" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm

I'd have to say... Tales of Phantasia (snes) with Fighting of the Spirit is one of my classic favorites. Obviously their company agrees seeing as how it's been remixed at least 9 times by them...
Back to top Go down
ndoto

ndoto

PostSubject: Re: old game music! ^^"   old game music! ^^" EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Dragon Warrior 4/Dragon Quest 4 is my favorite NES game soundtrack of all time. For a game like that to cram so much expression into its music absolutely floored me when I was younger. I was so disappointed when the US release for the Playstation remake of DQ4 was canned, but I bought the soundtrack as soon as it came out. Listening to the updated versions of the songs I loved was an amazing experience. The DS version is fantastic as well, and definitely worth checking out, although I am disappointed that the US release was missing content that was in the JP version. Sad

Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are my favorite SNES soundtracks, and cover the majority of the songs I will randomly start humming to myself on a daily basis.

I also love the Estpolis/Lufia series' music. Very, very catchy stuff in there. As soon as I saw they were reprinting the "Biography" soundtrack collection a couple years back, I jumped on that so quickly!

Masqued Ferret - loved the soundtrack to Super Mario RPG!! Yoko Shimomura is one of my favorite game composers, and she really did a great job with that one. Very Happy

Ceonn - I need to revisit Tales of Phantasia at some point, but you're right, that is a VERY good tune - tons of the Tales music is just phenomenal. Motoi Sakuraba is another one of my favorite game composers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ndoto
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: old game music! ^^"   old game music! ^^" EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 am

Since it almost 15 years old...

This was the first song I heard when I was 8, playing this game. More followed up to the very famous...

Gotta love them Final Fantasy 7 music. THANK YOU, NOBUO UEMATSU!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: old game music! ^^"   old game music! ^^" Empty

Back to top Go down

old game music! ^^"
Page 1 of 1