Shin Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the open-minded gamers, who wish share their love for gaming. For gamers, who prefer fun over hate and prejudice. For those who like to discuss rather than argue. This is the new generation of gaming! Shin Gaming!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dungeons and Dragons

Go down 
+2
Kiutogi
Mackilla
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mackilla

Mackilla

The Dungeons and Dragons Empty
PostSubject: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Was a good game, still good today. They made a crappy (but addicting) show outta it.

Plot for show: 6 Jews (sorry jewish, I watch Achmed too much) Kids go on a ride and go into some rift where they're turned into weird classes and are attacked by this weird guy something like Vendor? I forget. ANYWAY. While they go around they're helped out by this midget named Dungeon Master (hence the game where a person is named the dungeon master) that tells them metaphors and riddles and disapeers a lot. The show's producer is Gary Gygax who made the actual game. There's still a website for the game.

Dungeons and Dragons Website

I meant nothing about the Jewish thing! I'm not supposed to be funny to many when I say that... maybe...

Last edited by Mackilla on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added explanation GOD SAVE ME.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.archivumsecretum.org/macksgamearcana/
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 am

that Depends on what you consider good, V2.0 and V3.0/3.5 I consider good. V4.0 is a Pile of Dragon poo in my oppinion. THey changed almost everything, No more can you truly have that OPed Character who Rolled High on his HP Stats, nor can you have the the Wizard made of glass who got bad rolls on his HP.
They Got rid on the all of the Fancy things you can think of from combining Class Abilities and Feats, And for what? To make the damage more constant like a Video game, Shun I say! SHUN!!!!!
Even the Great late Eugine Gary Gigax looked down and was ashamed of V4.0
But I don't intend this to be a angry rant about 4.0, I just hate it.
Thank you for your time by reading this rant

Now I'm going back to my cave to study my tomes.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Gygax is DEAD O-o??????
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Regrettably yes, Despite all of the many Foes he vanquished, The reaper came and took him away from us a few years ago, It was all over G4, But then again that was the last time they actually showed shows about games, I believe Jeff Corwin even had a Moment of Silence for him. But it was a sad day that day. We lost a truly great adventurer that day. But now he is Rolling dice with the gods, and winning.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Theres a movie on Streaming on Them Netflix called Gamers: Rise of Dorkness. This guy trys to make a module for D&D, but gets writers block. There are all sorts of RPG jokes in there. Like when they defeat a horde of Goblins, the Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare plays. And when they Open a chest, the Legend of Zelda treasure thing plays. XD XD XD Funny movie, you must watch (There's also a door that says LONG LIVE GYGAX on it)

LONG LIVE THE GYGAX!
Back to top Go down
Mynop

Mynop

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 pm

How sad, anyways I have started to create my own D&D 3.5 world.
And I love to play 3.5 with friends.
Hopefully when the fifth edition comes out they will recognize their mistakes and
reverse the play style just like 3.5

All hail the great 3.5 (okay sorry, I didn't mean to sound like such a fanboy ^^; )
Back to top Go down
Smallbr

Smallbr

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I recall a real cool cartoon called dungeons and dragons I use to be on after school.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:58 pm

I need some friends who would want to play this, but get this: I'm a geek in a group made of Nerds and Emos. I'm the ONLY geek in the group of my best friends.

Kinda sucks, so they don't play D&D. I need more friends -_-
Back to top Go down
Mynop

Mynop

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:07 pm

I understand you Mackilla
I had the same problem many years ago,
because when I was in high school I was introduced to Magic the Gathering card game
and also warhammers, that way I got interested in tabletop RPG:s and found out a game called
D&D, when I asked my friends, they weren't interested. -_-;
But then years later I found good friends and with them I got the chance to play, and I still play it whenever I get the chance. ^^
Back to top Go down
Smallbr

Smallbr

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Mackilla wrote:
I need some friends who would want to play this, but get this: I'm a geek in a group made of Nerds and Emos. I'm the ONLY geek in the group of my best friends.

Kinda sucks, so they don't play D&D. I need more friends -_-

My good man join the club I was always geek as well.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:03 am

Yeah well, I'm in middle school... Almost into my Freshman year. It's gonna be f!!king long way to go.

And that piece of bull DDO doesn't help, because it doesn't work on my computer... god damn #4&&0#$.
Back to top Go down
Masqued ferret

Masqued ferret

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 am

just thought to throw myself in here as well, I agree that 3.5 is a great game, as for 4e...well it kind of feels like a computer game just without a computer. And sorry to hear that about the lack of game mackilla, I know the feeling. and while I'm not sure about always being the geek, I was always the weird one. So kudos to being geeks or freaks!
Back to top Go down
Smallbr

Smallbr

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:52 am

Mackilla wrote:
Yeah well, I'm in middle school... Almost into my Freshman year. It's gonna be f!!king long way to go.

And that piece of bull DDO doesn't help, because it doesn't work on my computer... god damn #4&&0#$.

What dose Freshman year mean? Is it like secondary school or comprehensive.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Maybe comprehensive, because I read Diary of Anne Frank, she was about my age and went to Jewish Secondary... Unless comprehensive is Elementary...
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 pm

fresh·man
noun, plural -men, adjective
–noun
a student in the first year of the course at a university, college, or high school.
a novice; beginner.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a freshman: to outgrow one's freshman attitudes.
lacking seniority or experience; junior: a freshman senator.
required of or suitable for freshmen: freshman courses.
initial; first: This is my freshman year with the company.

That is from Dictionary.reference.com
I hope that clarifys what a freshman is, If I'm being too Literal. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 pm

A clerk in a local "nerd" shop in here gave me the best reference ever to the differences of v.3/3.5 and V4 of D&D, when me and my friend asked, if he should carry on with 3.5 or change to 4:

"V3.5 and V4 are like the Alien movies. Alien is a good horror movie and Alien 2 is a good action movie. They are both good movies in their own genre, but despite being the same series, they are completely different in style. In the same way, 3.5 is a good RPG game and V4 is a good adventure game. So if you are doing good with 3.5, there is no point in changing."

And this is very true. V4 most likely is good. Not when played as an RPG as 3.5 was...but as an adventure board game. A board game with exceptionally rich rules and deep stories. But still, they are completely different genre of gaming.

But I do agree with you guys. No matter what the V4 is, it is 3.5 that will always rule over my D&D games. That is until, as Mynop said, V5 will come and we will see, what it brings among it.

Btw...I was the one, who corrupetd Mynop and allowed him to the world of D&D X3 *evil laugher*
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Rai-kun wrote:
Btw...I was the one, who corrupetd Mynop and allowed him to the world of D&D X3 *evil laugher*

affraid WWWHHHHAAAATTT?! THAT'S LIKE SAYING YOUR HIS DAD WHEN IT COMES TO D&D!!!!!

Screw this I'm looking for them damn dice...
Back to top Go down
Rai-kun
Admin
Rai-kun

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah, that is what I am saying
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Got find those damn dice... I lost them years ago -_-
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Just buy more, their like what, $.25 per dice, i got a bag full of them, that is one of the great things about game shops, they always have dice, and if they don't, then they're not a game shop. (Unless it's Yugi's Grandpa's game shop, but then he has just weird games)
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
...one of the great things about game shops, they always have dice, and if they don't, then they're not a game shop. (Unless it's Yugi's Grandpa's game shop, but then he has just weird games)

Yeah I know, I bought this card from him and weird stuff happened after that. It was like some Pokemon trading card... except stuff actually came out of the card...

Wicked. But lets say I'm in the middle of nowhere when it comes to actual gaming shops, because I am. Closest Gaming shop is 20 something miles away. It also has the Encounters every Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Smallbr

Smallbr

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank you.

Mackilla wrote:
Maybe comprehensive, because I read Diary of Anne Frank, she was about my age and went to Jewish Secondary... Unless comprehensive is Elementary...

Kiutogi wrote:
fresh·man
noun, plural -men, adjective
–noun
a student in the first year of the course at a university, college, or high school.
a novice; beginner.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a freshman: to outgrow one's freshman attitudes.
lacking seniority or experience; junior: a freshman senator.
required of or suitable for freshmen: freshman courses.
initial; first: This is my freshman year with the company.

That is from Dictionary.reference.com
I hope that clarifys what a freshman is, If I'm being too Literal. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:54 am

Back to D&D, Gentlemen?

A guy named Benedict Groeschnel who was a friend of my Dad. His opinion on D&D is that it is BAD. He thinks it is the door to demonic influence or something. I wouldn't blame him because this game is f<omg teh cencorz>ing addicting. It's just on step down the ladder of addicting roleplays, one thing above it is *gulp* World of Warcraft.

DUN DUN DUUUN
Back to top Go down
Kiutogi

Kiutogi

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 am

Mackilla wrote:
A guy named Benedict Groeschnel who was a friend of my Dad. His opinion on D&D is that it is BAD. He thinks it is the door to demonic influence or something. I wouldn't blame him because this game is f<omg teh cencorz>ing addicting. It's just on step down the ladder of addicting roleplays, one thing above it is *gulp* World of Warcraft.

Ok, D&D is as close to Demonic Influence as Druidism, sure it gets people in small groups, shunned from "normal" society, and has them sticking to themselves for hours on end, but there is nothing Evil about it. (Unless your playing a evil campaign, but then that's the DM's choice) Hell, most games involve groups of adventured going out to slay almost all things evil. The small group that used D&D to perform demonic rituals greatly slandered the game that the all mighty Gygax laid before us. You know the Original D&D was a board game, where figurines were required,
Also I do play World of Warcraft, and I would completely drop WoW for D&D in a heart beat, It's more fun, it gets people together in person, and it's allows and expands creativity. I'll take Social interaction over online interaction any day.
Back to top Go down
Mackilla

Mackilla

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:10 pm

Kiutogi wrote:
Mackilla wrote:

Ok, D&D is as close to Demonic Influence as Druidism, sure it gets people in small groups, shunned from "normal" society, and has them sticking to themselves for hours on end, but there is nothing Evil about it. (Unless your playing a evil campaign, but then that's the DM's choice) Hell, most games involve groups of adventured going out to slay almost all things evil. The small group that used D&D to perform demonic rituals greatly slandered the game that the all mighty Gygax laid before us. You know the Original D&D was a board game, where figurines were required,
Also I do play World of Warcraft, and I would completely drop WoW for D&D in a heart beat, It's more fun, it gets people together in person, and it's allows and expands creativity. I'll take Social interaction over online interaction any day.

I found people that play this game, finally Very Happy.
Anything on World of Warcraft besides the 3 important rules?
1.It's fun.
2.It ends people's social lives.
3.Online interactions are not cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dungeons and Dragons   The Dungeons and Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dungeons and Dragons
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum